A weekly guide to beer travel info. Pack your suitcase and grab a beer!
How to bring home your beer
- The TSA won’t let you stash bottles in your carry-ons (unless you’re fond of 3.4oz bottles). Yes, you can grab a bottle at Duty Free shops, but remember: Don’t open the bottle till you’re past the security check-in.
- If you’re packing it, in a suitcase, remember to bring along some bubble wrap. Dirty underwear will work in a pinch.
- ULine carries Styrofoam 12-packs that are ideal for bombers.
- Remember, the key is to prevent breakage AND leakage. Barlow Brewing shows you how.
- Rule of thumb: If you shake your suitcase and you hear a bottle jangling, it probably won’t make it home in one piece.
Around the web
- The best beers, state by state. Business Insider.
- Bruges. How to build an underground pipeline across a medieval City. Wired.
- Jamaica. Tour company serves Red Stripe on the way to your hotel
- Six beer spas, from the Poconos to Hawaii. The 365.
- Japan. Automated beer dispenser at Kansai International Airport. The Daily Mail.
- Chicago. Barrel-aged beer scene. New York Times.
- Los Angeles. The beer scene is starting to take off. Chicago Tribune.
- Duluth. Ditto. Take a tour.