Beer freaks (myself included) are often accused of the single-minded of that next glass of great suds, our focus firmly on the bottom of the glass.
Somehow I think that’s gonna change as we head to the Atlantic coast of Ireland. The soaring cliffs made famous in great films from The Quiet Man (above) to Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Meanwhile, read on for more on the beer scene in Killarney, Ireland, and look at The 13 Irish Craft Beers You Have to Try Before You Die.
Starting at $2349 per person plus airfare
Or call Susan Wolfson at Go Astro Travel
We’ll use Killarney as a base for a couple days for visits to the Ring of Kerry and the Dingle Peninsula. Its narrow lanes were made for walking, so you’ll want to know where and what to drink when you get thirsty!
- Killarney nightlife
- Irish Coffee tasting
- The heather fields and rocky headlands of the Dingle Peninsula
- Fishing villages and early monastic beehive huts.
- Courtney’s – Though this hard-to-find place has been around since the 19th century, it’s right in step with modern times offering a big selection of Irish craft beer and whiskey.
- The Shire Bar Killarney – A Lord of the Rings-themed bar for your inner Frodo! Look for fun times and Hobbit Beer!
- The Jarvey’s Rest – A traditional Irish pub with dancing, whiskey and local beer.
- The Laurels – Tiled floors, beamed ceilings, a fireplace and traditional hand pumped cask ale – what more can you ask for?
- Rutting Red Ale – A classically malty Irish ale from Killarney Brewing, where the head brewer earned his chops in Oregon, of all places.
- Torc Smoked German Ale – A dark, coffee-like ale from a new micro.
13 Irish Craft Beers You Must Try Before You Die
(Join me in October, and you’ll die happy!)
1. Kinnegar Rustbucket rye ale.
2. Brown Paper Bag Project brown ale.
3. Blacks of Kinsale Black IPA
5. O’Haras Leann Follain stout
6. Hilden Headless Dog amber ale
7. Franciscan Well Rebel Red
8. Dungarvan Coffee and Oatmeal Stout
9. White Gypsy American Pale Ale
10. Galway Bay Brewery Of Foam and Fury
11. Bo Bristle IPA
12. Brú Dubh stout
13. Trouble Brewing Whistle Blower IPA
Source: The Daily Edge.Share